10 Gifts To Get The Ravenclaw In Your Life

This is the second edition of my "What to buy for this house series". If you read my last one on Hufflepuffs then you know that I enjoy buying presents but I'm not terrific at it. So I compiled this list for all the like minded people out there who are struggling to buy presents for the Ravenclaws in their lives. Again I just want to mention that obviously these ideas can be for anyone but are definitely Ravenclaw approved.


image 0
Courtesy of Etsy
1. Note Pad

I know this probably sounds boring but there are so many awesome not pads out there! Ravenclaws tend to get their best ideas at the most unconventional times. Such as when they are falling asleep or are in the shower. That's why we should help out our intellectually inclined friends and buy them a cool waterproof note pad...yes it exists.



2.Thermos
Ravenclaws are always on the go whether mentally or physically...wow deep. So they need coffee that travels with them. Most of the Ravenclaws I know are also dedicated night owls so they're going to need their caffeine whether its coffee or tea.



HARRY POTTER̢㢠Magical Velvet Sham, Euro, Midnight Blue
Courtesy of Pottery Bar
3. Quilt

I would say get them a cozy blanket, and that works too but Ravenclaws are more classy and would definitely appreciate a quilt. Some of the Ravenclaws I know also tend to make their beds more and a quilt will adorn their bed nicer than a blanket will. Another thing about the Ravenclaws I know is that they are very proud of their house so getting them a Ravenclaw themed quilt would be perfect. One thing to note though is that quilts are definitely more on the expensive side ranging from $26-$189 so it will probably be the only gift you get them.






4. Books!!!
This is the obvious one. I mean come on. I personally have never met a Ravenclaw who hates to read. Some may not be partial to it but always come around in the end. In my experience you can never go wrong with a good book. Its especially a good low effort book for that Ravenclaw you don't really know all to well.


Image result for pretty pens
Courtesy of etsy
5. Nice pens




Ravenclaws also tend to take a lot of notes. So if you ever miss a class just steal your Ravenclaw friend's notes :) But they will be okay with it because you will thank them with a beautiful gift of pens! You might not be aware but there are hundreds of pen types on the market. You can get anything from glittering gel pens to metallic felt tipped pens. Honestly it might just be me but I have a weird obsession with pens, in case you didn't notice.


6. Quote Print


It might seem cheesy but we all appreciate an inspirational quote from time to time. Get a nice print of their favorite quote from a book or movie they like. You can get really fancy prints on etsy or make one yourself. And then if you want you can get a nice frame or decorate one yourself.



Image result for blue journal
Courtesy of AliExpress.com
7. Journal/Planner
Ravenclaws also enjoy planning things out in advance. And who doesn't like getting a fancy new planner with those little sticky note tabs that you can write on and are all different colors. You know my parents would never let me get those as a child because they said they were useless but all the cool kids like Bethany and Sarah had them and if I didn't have them then I was the uncool sticky note- less girl...I'm spiraling...right, where were we? Ah yes, Ravenclaws organize, fun sticky notes, blah, blah, you get the jist. Get them something that they can customize and they'll be happy.



8. Something Personalized

Like I mentioned before, Ravenclaws are proud of their house. But its not as noticeable because its that fierce pride that they harbor inside and only reveal when someone insults their house. So give them something to channel their house pride into. Maybe a customized necklace or a house scarf.



Image result for blue rubix cube
Courtesy of Zapals
9. Mind Games

I know that sounds sort of creepy but I feel like you know what I mean. Like those little wooden puzzles that are super difficult to solve or a fun Harry Potter riddle or crossword book. I realize that not all Ravenclaws are super Brainiacs and that's usually just a stereotype but I know for a fact that there are several Ravenclaws who would love you forever if you got them a word search. I myself am a secondary Ravenclaw (if you don't get it take my quiz that I made a while ago so you can find out what your secondary house is) and I love saving the crosswords from the Washington Post. And if you don't think that counts for anything, several of my Ravenclaw friends can attest to doing the same thing. 

10. Gift Card

This is sort of a last result and kind of a half assed present in most cases but Ravenclaws will really appreciate you giving them the choice to buy whatever they want. And I mean, it will still be a surprise what kind of gift card you give them... so that's something :) I asked three of my Ravenclaw friends and two said Barnes and Noble and the other one said AC Moore. So there you have it!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans Tutorial

Harry Potter Jeopardy

10 Gifts To Get The Hufflepuff In Your Life